Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A RAINY-ISH TUESDAY

Today I had what felt like an authentically Parisian day, which, now that I think about it, is fitting since it is my three week (!!) anniversary with Paris.  We've had our rocky moments, but things are going well.  I started this morning off drinking copious amounts of tea (I feel a cold coming on), and taking some last minute notes before my Neuroeconomics class this morning.  After class I crossed the Seine, walked through the Tuileries, and wandered around in a bookstore where I bought A Moveable Feast (fine that was touristy, but it's for a class).  Afterwards, I went to the bank and successfully discussed my frustrating lack of bank account all in french, before buying some fruit from the pop-up vendors on my street, and spending the rest of the drizzly afternoon reading in a cafĂ© with a very good, very strong, and very tiny, cup of coffee.  Worth noting that all the while I was wearing a scarf (also very Parisian).  I had dinner with Claudine and her grand-daughter, Lili, who is great, a huge play mobile fan, and a sculptor in the making.  Then Lili and I watched some french Disney Channel, had some tea, and now it's back to note taking (the reading, it never ends!!).  None of this very authentically french day was captured on film (or memory card), so I will supplement it with a picture I did not take as a reward for making it through this big chunk of ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment