Sunday, September 15, 2013

GIVERNY

Today, Isabelle and I were meant to go to Giverny.  And there's proof: it was the first sunny day we've had in over a week; we were just early enough to have time for a Starbucks run (my first since arriving in Paris); there were plenty of seats on the train; you couldn't buy round-trip tickets on the bus (which allowed us to walk back instead, saving 5 euros, and seeing the french countryside); we got to the Gardens just before the hoards of other tourists; it was journées du patrimoine so 11 euros cheaper than normal; and just as we got on the train to head back to Paris it started to sprinkle.  
My first Paris-made-Starbuck's-skim-latté, and train tickets
The Vernon train stop



Vive la France, and Journée du Patrimoine discounts!


Maybe the ancestor of a chicken once painted by Monet











Here I am, in Monet's garden!!




Apple trees: if lunch and the store dedicated solely to apple-soaps are any indication, apples are a specialty here.



The bamboo forest
There is a good chance, Monet stood exactly here too, once.



Craziest water plant you ever did see
It's the bridge!





I look a little uncomfortable, but have to take advantage of the pictures-of-me opportunities



Isabelle and me in front of the Lilly pond


On the Japanese Bridge woot woot



And luckily for you, my camera battery died at this point, so that is all.  

p.s. last time around in 2001 (!)


No comments:

Post a Comment