Wednesday, October 2, 2013

THE LOUVRE AND THE BEST CHOCOLATE IN PARIS

Tomorrow I have my art history class, and in preparation, we had to (got to) go to the Louvre to look at a few paintings.  Luckily, the Louvre is directly on my way to school, so I left for this afternoon's class a few hours early, and stopped in.  The museum is enormous, and every corner you turn there's another piece that you've seen a million times in a weird yellowish tint on the internet, or in an art history class, but it's real, and it's amazing.  I need to go back to wander, but even making my way quickly through packs of museum tours led by umbrella-wielding guides, I was in awe.
But first, I stopped in a little chocolate place, that's also on my way to school, and which I've been wanting to go into (but trying not to) for weeks.  I left with a bar of dark chocolate that had whole almonds in it, and a little sample of dark chocolate shaped like a daisy.  
This little dog belonged to a homeless man sitting just across the sidewalk from a few people who were handing out flyers.  The dog was not a fan of the big pink person, and was barking loudly to alert everyone in the street.  
The pink thing tried to make friends, but eventually gave up, and the dog watched it walk away.  
Made it to the Louvre!  While I see it from the outside almost every day, this was my first time inside!
No arms, no problem.
Half in, half out, as I leave through the pyramid.  
I can't get enough of the book stalls on the Seine.  One day I'll be brave enough to go look up close, and maybe buy one.  
My chocolate bar didn't make it through french class.  But it was amazing, and easily the best chocolate I've had in Paris.  And maybe ever.  

p.s. Claudine has a new favorite show: Desperate Housewives.  

2 comments: