Thursday, April 24, 2014

A MISHMASH OF PHOTOS AND A SAD TRUTH

The past two weeks have been a blur of french philosophers, timelines of the Middle East, Marc Chagall biographies, and histories of Ancient Rome.  However, thanks to a steady stream of chocolate, I have made it through.  This is a massive relief, but the terrifying result is that I have finished my third year of college, and I have less than a month (two weeks if we're being really honest) left in Paris.  Let's not think about it. 

Anyways, I have neglected my blog in favor of notes and chocolate bunnies, but now I am back, and I have a mishmash of photos for you.    
 Jelly-bean colored tulips that I brought home from the market last week.
 Can you believe this?  I rounded the corner, and there he was, all alone (his owner had run inside the Sorbonne), and barking up a storm.  His owner came out a moment later, and they were off, down the Boulevard Saint Germain!
 Taking a walk and a break in one of my favorite little gardens, just down the road from one of my favorite coffee places.  It's all walled off, and for some reason there's always a policeman outside, but inside it's filled with little old french ladies and parents playing with their children.  There's also a tiny veggie garden.
 The gate to the tiny veggie garden!
 Today I took myself to lunch at Bob's Kitchen, and then wandered around the Pompidou area for a bit.  The street art's amazing over there.  Feels like it's spilled right out of the museum.
 I'm not sure who that guy above is, but last semester I was in class with someone who looked just like him!!
 The most beautiful travel books you ever did see.

No comments:

Post a Comment